Bulk Data File List API Fix
2nd July 2019
Developers were experiencing issues when using the Bulk Data File List API in the production environment. The HMRC technical team identified a bug which was affecting the retention of the files. This issue has now been resolved.
A new annual (initial file) was uploaded to the service on 14 June 2019. Our team wanted to ensure the service was working as expected and this is the reason for the delay in issuing these release notes.
For downloading the files, the pattern that you will now need to follow is as below:
- Download annual (initial) file which was created when the service started.
- Download daily deltas from the 15 June 2019 to present date.
- Continue with daily deltas from then on.
The monthly roll-up files will be required if you sign up in the months after the service is first available:
- Developers will need only to download a single monthly file, avoiding the need to download individual daily files for each month that has passed.
- You will still need to download daily files for the current month to bring it all up to date.
- From then on, you will follow the standard download cycle of consuming daily files.
- In subsequent years, the yearly file effectively resets the production cycle and enables us to remove the older files to keep it a little cleaner. The yearly file contains all tariff data, including previous years so this replaces the initial and subsequent yearly files.
Please find attached a number of supporting documents:
- Annex-IV-extraction-elements-1.8.5 - Explains the structure of the Tariff Objects in the produced XML files: Each Tariff object (e.g. Footnote) is represented by an XML element. Its attributes (e.g. footnoteId, validityStartDate, etc.) and its "inner" Tariff objects (e.g. Footnote description periods and Footnote descriptions) are represented in "inner" Tariff objects. Annex-IV also lists the references (associations) among the Tariff objects (e.g. the references from a "Footnote" to its associated "Footnote type"). The Tariff Objects in Annex-IV are annotated with a numeric code that is assigned by DG-TAXUD in their own TARIC3 documentation. Therefore, you can refer to the DG-TAXUD TARIC3 documentation for any further information concerning the business meaning of the Tariff objects and generally the TARIC3 business. The extracted XML represents DG-TAXUD TARIC3 complaint Tariff objects. Therefore, it is expected that you have a good understanding of the DG-TAXUD's TARIC3 data and business model to understand the semantics and make use of the extracted information.
- DispatchDataExport-XML-Data (Note this is in txt format)
- Tariff_Data_Export - This provides further description of the XSD, including the operations in the data files
This documentation is also available on Google Drive in the folder CDS 09 Tariff Download.
Please note that a new iteration of the Tariff is due to be deployed in July 2019 which will require developers to repeat the above pattern. This new iteration will include additional commodity codes and VAT measures that we are aware are not included with the current dataset.
HMRC will send further communication to advise of this deployment.
Back to news